think i was blind before i met you...

just a place full of randomness about my life

My Photo
Name:
Location: B.C., Canada

Saturday, September 02, 2006

my life as i know it

well, since i check out other people's bloggs just about everyday like an obsessed blogg stalker, i figured i should start one of my own. i have tried (quite unsucsessfuly) to start a blogg of my very own THREE times now. the first time i forgot my user name AND password and couldn't for the life of me retrieve it, the second time i started this blogg, wrote out my first blogg entry and tried posting pictures on it and managed to erase the whole blogg entry entirely which got me SUPER frustrated so here we are... hopefully the old saying of third times the charm is true because i REALLY want this to work.

WELL

i should pobably begin this new endevar with a run down on this past year of mine.

about a year and two weeks ago from this very day my wonderful husband and i got married. we had a gorgeous outdoor wedding in my hometown of Abbotsford, BC and it
was all i could have ever dreamed of.

my amazing husband planned a suprise honeymoon for me and it wasnt a typical affair. he took me on a two month trip through europe. i guess if i really do think about it it is typical of him because he has travelled to over 30 countries but it doesnt seem very typical of most people to me. we went EVERYWHERE. we started out our adventure in london for a week, flew to barcelona and off to the island of ibiza in the medateranian for 12 days at an all-inclusive resort there, headed to the south of france for a few days after that and then to switzerland. after a night in the alps we spent a few days in paris, 10 days in belgium and then a whirlwind trip through amsterdam, prauge, germany, austria and part of italy, back to london for a few days and then a night in denamark before heading home. i know! its alot to take in even just to read. those two months flew by!

we spent the winter in our cute suite in maple ridge. we had a great time (other than joben breaking his foot playing soccer!) hanging out with friends and family, spending time in our hot tub, watching way to much csi and eating the best homemade pizza you have ever tasted (we became homemade pizza perfectionists) oh, also we had a blast babysitting our favorite cat and dog, minu and jackson.

we flew down to jobens parents place in north carolina for holidays with the WHOLE family (there are alot of us!) and then made it back up to canada for christmas with my family (there are alot of us too!).

in february we decided to go back to costa rica (we travelled for a few months and got engaged in central america over the winter the year before) we absolutly LOVE costa rica. its an amazing place and we are looking forward to investing in property down there one day really soon and spending alot more time there.

after we came back to the lower main land from central america we headed straight up to northern bc for another eventful summer of tree planting in canadas great north. (well actually we were in the south alot, we were lucky enough to have contracts in the okanogan and calgary) it was an interesting summer to say the least. we worked for a new company this year (after jo-ben spent 9 years with his last company... this was my second season out in the bush) and it had its ups and downs. all in all we made money and that is what we go out there for and we also came to a realization that this might be the end for us as far as the great world of planting goes.

jo-ben was offered a terrific job by his former boss this summer in a new feild and it looks like it is taking us to alberta. we are really excited about this new move and oppertunity and can't wait to get started. i just might be able to put my aesthetics license to some good use too!

its been an amazing last couple of years for me. its increadable how god changes your life around every new bend in the road and sometimes so drasticly! i am SO blessed by god in the life that he has given me and i can't WAIT to see what he has in store for the barkeys around the bend.

hope you enjoy my blogg and i have better luck figuring things out on here so you have new things to read and look at!

1.Jo-Ben and i in the rainforest in Costa Rica Jan, 2005 a few days after we got engaged, this was on a zip line tour we took.
2.my handsome husband on our wedding day.
3.a picture of me walking down the isle that my husband likes!
4.Jo-Ben and Amanda Barkey August 20, 2005
5.amanda!
6.our first dance. we danced to michael bubles 'it had to be you' and my husband sang along to it to me. replicating probably THE most romantic moment of my life, the first time he told me that he loved me... but that time we were dancing in the rain!
7.on our honeymoon in venice, italy, st. marks square... i was VERY tired in this picture!
8.london!
9this is what we look after a day of tree planting... pretty scarey huh?! summer 2005
10.and here i am a couple of weeks ago when we went wakeboarding at cultas




































1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's spelled blog, not blogg. just so you know :p hope you enjoy the wonderful world of blogging!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home